Count Robert de La Rochefoucauld, who has died aged 88, escaped from Occupied France to join the Special Operations Executive (SOE); parachuted back on sabotage missions, he twice faced execution, only to escape on both occasions, once dressed as a Nazi guard.
Other disguises also came in useful. On the run in occupied Bordeaux he dressed as a nun. In later life he helped Maurice Papon to flee to Switzerland.
I once pulled a bee’s stinger out of my hand. That’s the same as all the above, right?
- itameelephants likes this
- christopherhuff reblogged this from brooklynmutt
- herblondness likes this
- sarahlee310 likes this
- mar-see-ah likes this
- bonmaterie reblogged this from brooklynmutt
- hughbot likes this
- elliosenor likes this
- jessicaschein likes this
- parislemon likes this
- literarydrunkard reblogged this from brooklynmutt
- gimmem0re reblogged this from brooklynmutt
- penitentatheist reblogged this from brooklynmutt
- blissandzen likes this
- iloveeverythingthatiliketosee likes this
- alifeofleisure likes this
- brooklynmutt posted this